Basil is well known as one of the ancient herbs. Basil is not only used as an aromatic ingredient in cuisine, but also used to make herbal medicine thanks to its benefits for health.
Different from Asian basil (Thai basil), leaves of this herb are glossy and oval-shaped with tender green color. Its fragrant aroma with a sweet and mildly pungent flavor makes it an essential spice in many dishes.
Culinary herbs from farm to kitchen
We and Thien Sinh farm are cooperating in a new project, which is a step further in Pizza 4P’s “Farm to Table” concept. In this project, we are displaying and providing little pots of herbs at our restaurant so that diners could visit and take them home.
These little herbs are grown in the rich nature with an organic farming process (without chemical fertilizers or pesticides) of Thien Sinh farm in Dalat. At Pizza 4P’s Online Store, we are now providing culinary herbs, including Rocket, Basil and Dill, all of which are now being used in our kitchen.
By growing your own herbs, you could use them as delicious and safe ingredients for your homemade meal. In addition, spending a little time of day taking care of the plant is also considered as a good way to release stress and balance the mind.
Through this project, we would like to communicate about our concept more clearly, where our customers could, together with us, enjoy peace to the fullest and have a deeper knowledge on “Farm to table”.
Amazing Health Benefits of Basil
- A Healthy Brain: Minerals contained in basil leaves help to increase the metabolism activity and stimulate the brain.
- Managing Arthritis: Beta-caryophyllene helps soothe the burning sensation.
- Stress Management: Helps relieve both emotional and physical stress.
- Digestive system: Basil supports restoring the body's natural pH levels and creating probiotics for the digestive system.
- Diabetes Management: The essential oil in basil helps reduce cholesterol levels.
- Healthy Eyes: Basil is a good source of vitamin A and C, which is known to relieve dry eye syndrome.
Fresh basil in cuisine
Basil is an attractive culinary herb due to its aromatic leaves. Basil is often used fresh or dried as spices to season with meats, fish, salads, and sauces.
*Typical recipes with basil leaves:
- Sauces: Tomato sauce, creamy sauce, pesto sauce,...
- Soup: Tomato soup, creamy soup with cheese and basil,...
- Salad: Caprese salad, Roma salad with basil,...
- Product Name: Baby Basil Herb (Pot)
- Product Type: Herbal Plant
- Producer: Thien Sinh farm x Pizza 4P's